What are the most traded currency pairs on the forex market?
Forex currency pairs contain the base currency and quote currency. The base currency comes first, while the quote currency follows behind. In the EUR/GBP pair, EUR is the base currency and GBP the quote currency.
Displayed prices for currency pairs show the quote currency value of 1 base currency unit. For instance, in EUR/GBP, EUR is the base currency and GBP the quote currency. A quote price of 1.40100 means 1 euro is worth 1.401 pounds.
Many currencies are available to traders, but popular choices exist. The major currency pairs include the U.S. dollar. The most traded currency pairs on the Forex market include:
- USD/JPY (U.S. Dollar and Japanese Yen)
- USD/GBP (U.S. Dollar and British Pound)
- USD/CHF (U.S. Dollar and Swiss Franc)
- USD/CAD (U.S. Dollar and Canadian Dollar)
- AUD/USD (U.S. Dollar and Australian Dollar)
- NZD/USD (New Zealand Dollar and U.S. Dollar)